Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rainy Brunch

It's been a long time since I could sit down and post something. I've been really busy with work and as soon as I get home the only thing I could think of is to starfish on bed. I'm offically declaring sunday as my personal creative day. The day when I could just sit and draw or take photos or DIY. 

♫ ♪ Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain

After weeks of good weather here in Auckland, it's finally starting to go downhill. I've been thinking about what kind of activity I could do on a rainy day. Something that's easy to make and doesnt take that long (I'm one of those person who looses interest really quickly when something takes too long, bad habit). So I decided to make some pancakes, I remember my mum bought this pancake set and she uses the pancake pan for every kind of frying imaginable other than for pancakes. Time to put it in use for what its actually designed for mum lol. One egg, flour, milk, baking powder, sugar, a pinch of salt, some messy batter and 15 minutes later, I have some decent looking heart shaped pancakes and some really ugly looking round ones. When I just about to dig in, WAIT. I forgot the important pre-dining ritual. Takes out phone, opens Intagram. Then I thought hmmmm this deserves a better photo, went and took out my dslr. This light is good, a tripod would make it look even better. So basically mucked around for a hour and a half trying to get the composition, lighting, focus etc right. Ridiculous right? But I really enjoyed it, It's also been a long time since I did some photography, time to pull out those rusty skills. Still life photography has got to be my favourite.  It's a great feeling when it's just you and the object, and you can take as long as you want with it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment