Sunday, April 14, 2013

Time waits for no one

Yesterday I was watching 時をかける少女 The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", an animated adaption of the popular novel by the Japanese writer Yasutaka Tsutsui, directed by Mamoru HosodaI've watched this a couple of times now, and I never get sick of it, because it's one of my favourite Japanese animations of all time along with "Summer Wars" (don't get me started on how much I love Studio Ghibli). 

♫ ♪ Moonrise Kingdom - Cuckoo


"Time waits for no one"

Is a line that was written on the black board in the science lab which was later discovered by the protagonist Makoto Konno. It's ironic the way time is presented on a watch with hands that move constantly in a loop, always passing the same numbers, but In reality time never repeats itself, it's linear, like a one way train running on a infinite track heading to nowhere, stopping for no one but we are all passengers riding on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment